Make a Donation
Imagine getting out of the hospital after surgery or serious illness and being discharged to recuperate on the streets or in a car. Chances are you will be back at the emergency room before long. Something had to be done.
Ascending to Health Respite Care is the only organization that offers these chronically homeless that safe place, a bed, and supportive services, like help getting their medicine. We need your help, there is still so much to do. Ask your employer if they provide matching donations. Double the impact you can make!
75% of all homeless persons will return to the hospital within two weeks of discharge because of complications that are direct result of being discharged to the street. Help Ascending to Health change this statistic in Colorado Springs.
Donations for Our Wish List
- Unopened Men’s underwear and socks
- Unopened Women’s underwear and socks
- Canned goods with pull tab
- Unused toiletries
- Office supplies
- Cleaning supplies
- Unused medical supplies (no medications please)
- Coats/scarves/gloves (men’s and women’s)
- Pants/sweatpants (men’s)
- New/lightly used shoes
- Wet Ones (for people)
- Shelf stable food items (microwave appropriate meals, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Blankets, comforters (twin/full)
- Unused pillows
- Bath towels/hand towels/wash cloths
- Magazines/puzzle books/sudokus/paperbacks/pencils – /100 piece puzzles
PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO ARRANGE A DONATION. ITEMS CAN NOT BE LEFT AT OUR FACILITY BEFORE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS. CALL US AT 719-635-7639.
Thank you for your donations!